Wednesday, January 15, 2014


Hi! hello I am Razel P. Geronimo, a pioneering BSA student, Block B. I had some experiences in kaong sugar palm processing. Here in Aurora I noticed we still have a lot of palm trees variety where we can still develop the kaong industry. With support from my school I sh venture on this project.

Caution: The processing  always make itchy.  I did some inquiries on this aspect and this is what I got. Half-ripe fruits contains high levels of irritating oxalate crystals, calcium oxalate. It is a chemical compound that forms needle-shaped crystals and these what made my body itchy during processing...




credit:www.foodrecap.net
According to Pinoy entrepreneur, of which I agree, Sugar palm or kaong (Arenga pinnata) is considered as a minor forest species that provides two important food products: the sweet preserved sugar palm or kaong and vinegar which are great potentials for export.  In the Philippines, preserved sugar palm or kaong is a very popular ingredient for Halo-halo, salad and can be eaten alone as dessert or click how-to-make-preserved-sugar-palm-or-kaong

                                                       credit: www.cropsreview.com



No comments:

Post a Comment