Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I am Neil T. Puavin of Block-B BSA-1, the class treasurer. I will venture into the world of the hogs. But as a student I will start with backyard piggery. My father (may he rest in peace) taught me the basics in piggery and how to make money in this business. I have 4 years to prepare and convert my backyard piggery into commercial scale. Cost of feeding is very important. This is what I would like to learn how to formulate my own cost-effective feeds for my pigs. So teacher prepare I am expecting to learn this in my class. and I will ask many questions...

But anyway, In my experience  it is not true  that pigs are filthy animals. So for those who want to use their backyards for a small-scale piggery business, I suggest the first emphasis should be on the drainage system and a septic tank assuming you have already a pig cage or pen (if you have no septic tank you have to collect the dirt every morning and afternoon (because pigs defecate twice a day)  and it is a very good organic fertilizer. 

Take note: the cage will only become smelly if they get mixed with the urine so a proper drainage system is very important. So If you will immediately clean the cage, it will not smell bad and your neighbors will not even notice that you have a piggery in your backyard. 

You also need be a steady source of water because the pigs need to be washed at least once a day. They also need to drink clean water regularly.







No comments:

Post a Comment